Thursday, March 21, 2013

The Questions

1. When I film something I'v written and it happens to have say like a coke bottle or something else along the lines in that and it happens to make it big, is there a possibility of that company coming after me for the rights of it? 
 
 
2.
When I write a script or am a co-writer of a script, what steps do I need to take in order to get a copyright on the idea, also lets say I have copy written it and it is stolen how do how do I legally go about taking action against the the entity that has used my script without my permission?
3.
When I co-write a script, what legal rights do I have with it ? 
4.
As a independent filmmaker what contracts should I have in place for hiring actors, locations?
5.
Im doing a commercial for a company that happens to have a seperate company attched to it and their logo is right above the company in which we are doing, so my first part of this question is, what kind of conract should we have in for the company we are shooting, second what contract should we have with the combining company and third is it a wise decision to do it at all?
6.
What is the proper procedure for obtaining an LLC in Nevada for a production company?
7.
Las Vegas has a lot of strict rules on when and where you can shoot, so what are some of the legal issues I should look for when filming in Las Vegas?
8. What are some of the possible consequences on doing a production without an LLC?
 
9. What steps would I take in order to get No Frown Entertainment Copyrighted?

10. Is there a specific contract for starting a business with a partner, not a self-employed business, because No Frown Entertainment is in the beginnings of a partnership?

These questions attain to me and what I want to do in my field and what I want to do in my career.  As of right now I am trying to start up a production company and these are some of the questions that I feel will come up during of the duration of my career.

"Identification of the Mark, if the mark is a word or group of words, identification of the mark is straight-forward.  For example, the mark may be identified simply as "Hooky Wooky Hats."(Note: For the broadest protection for a word mark, register is free of any lettering style.  This will give you the ability to use the trademark in various fonts, rather than being restricted to your original presentation" (Stim, 488).

No comments:

Post a Comment